2" Wirsbo hePEX™ Expansion Joint Kit
An expansion joint is necessary to accommodate the expansion and contraction of crosslinked polyethylene (PEX) tubing caused by temperature changes. An expansion joint is recommended for every 50 feet of tubing, or any run longer than 20 feet when using engineered plastic (EP) fittings inline. The 2" Wirsbo hePEX™ Expansion Joint Kit offers contractors quick, effective installations for expansion joints in closed-loop, aboveground radiant heating and cooling distribution applications.
The kit, which includes one pre-formed loop of 2" Wirsbo hePEX tubing, two 2" brass elbows and four 2" ProPEX® Rings, is 53% less expensive than purchasing the 13 individual components needed for on-site construction of an expansion joint. Additionally, because the loop is already pre-formed, it saves contractors half the installation time on the jobsite — eliminating the added steps of cutting three lengths of tubing, connecting the tubing to two additional elbows and four additional rings to create a loop.
Features and Benefits
• Saves 53% over purchasing individual components
• Cuts labor in half vs. creating loop from scratch
• Requires fewer connections
• Provides more reliable performance
• Durable PEX-a won’t pit, scale, corrode
• Features ProPEX® connections
• No torches, glues, solvents or gauges
• Tubing backed by 25-year limited warranty
• 2" Wirsbo hePEX Expansion Joint Kit Submittal